Each year, the Canada West Ski Areas Association (CWSAA) recognizes incredible industry leaders during the annual Spring Conference.
Nominations for the 2024 CWSAA Awards must be submitted by Feb. 7 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Awards accepting nominations include:
- Jim Marshall Leadership Award: Recognizes an individual with exceptional skills and dedication to their chosen profession, and has made meaningful contributions to the sport of recreational skiing.
- Lars Fossberg Excellence Award: Honors a manager or supervisor for exceptional initiative, creativity and adaptability. It acknowledges the perseverance and talent of the next generation, motivating them to contribute to industry leadership.
- Rod Chisholm Operations & Maintenance Award: In memory of Rod Chisholm, each year the CWSAA board of director’s selects one recipient who has provided immense contribution and knowledge in the operations and lift maintenance field.
- CWSAA Peak Performance Award: Given to individuals whose concept, idea or contribution has provided value to their employer, that furthermore benefits the industry.
- Jimmie Spencer Lifetime Achievement: Given to an individual, identified by the board of directors, who has shown exceptional leadership and lengthy service to the ski industry (and/or affiliated industry) in a senior management, ownership or consultant capacity.
More information on the CWSAA Awards can be found at cwsaa.org/about/awards. The 2024 recipients will be honored at the 2024 CWSAA Spring Conference in Jasper, Alta., on April 23.