Two mountains are open for snow riding, Timberline & Arapahoe Basin, Loveland will be soon. If you haven’t seen a picture of the lift line at A-Basin on Friday, it is on the CHS Snowmakers Facebook page. It is a great example of supply versus demand and makes all of the money spent on snowmaking well worth it.
Here is a quick update about CHS Snowmakers.
- CHS Trucking – I will be back on the road in November with my 51’ step deck trailer. It is set up for winching on a snowcat or snowguns. If you need anything hauled, please let me know.
- Joka Gloves – We have a bunch on the way from Finland and they will be here shortly. To order, CLICK HERE. For larger orders, send me an email for a quote.
- Used Equipment – Things have been moving quickly and we expect to have several new items listed in the next few weeks.
- New Equipment – Contact me for a quote on hose, hydrants, Drift and the new BOGE oil-free small compressor line. The BOGE Air Compressor is designed for snowmaking and replaces Atlas Copco, Hydrovane and others. Available in both 5.5 HP and 7.5 HP with comparable air flows to the other brands. They are stocked in the Southeast and ready to ship. Contact me for a quote and visit www.CHSsnowmakers.com for a product brochure.
- 2002 Pisten Bully 200 cut down for tubing and XC trails, ID
- 1995 Pisten Bully 280 D Groomer. 11K hours, 12 way plow and flex tiller
- 2011 Bison X Fully serviced Approximately 7900 hours
- Pisten Bully 1990’s wheels and tires
- Thiokol 3700 Hydromaster and DMC 3500 Chassis
- HKD Super Blizzard is a portable self-contained snowmaking trailer
- Several fittings available – 6″ welded steel 45 degree and 90 degree
- Four 1997 Northwinds for $3750 each and the Two 2002 ST3’s for $6000 each located in Connecticut.
- 2” x 15’ Valley hose – 25 to 30 of these short hoses in good shape
- One – 200 HP horizontal 500 GPM, 400 psi pump with newer starter (shaft broken and needs repair)
- SMI Snowstream 320 complete carriage unit
- O’Conner Handle Tow lift and tubes, Alaska
- 7.5 HP Handle Tow lift – was removed about 1 year ago and was in good operating condition, ID
- Homemade rope tow drive, designed to be used as a bottom drive,
- Multi skilift, Type 8128. 9.2-Kw Electric Motor wired for 480 Volts. Lift cable is 858 feet long
- Haul rope. 1 1/8, 6×25 FW IPS PPC RRL, 2,400 feet, damage spots, can be shortened, removed from service in fall 2015
For those of you on Facebook, follow us at www.facebook.com/CHSsnowmakers. It has been a great tool for simple communication. I follow many of your ski areas and get daily updates on snow reports and photos. We also have a Facebook page for our trucking division, www.facebook.com/CHStrucking
Thank you for taking the time to read this and for looking at what we have available. As always, if you don’t want to receive this monthly email just reply and I will take you off the list or click “unsubscribe” at the bottom.
Po Box 492
21 Schoolhouse Gulch Road
Garden Valley, ID 83622
Please sign up for our newsletter and classifieds update on the front page of www.chssnowmakers.com
For the most updated info, check out our Facebook page.